Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Come and visit one of the best ski resorts in the USA. Alta is located at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon which is only 25 miles from Salt Lake City. It only takes you 45 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport to this wonderful resort. Alta offers 890 hectares of ski fun. It is a skiing only resort, snowboarding is not allowed.
Besides trails for all levels of ability there is also a 5km groomed Nordic track. The Alta Ski Shop offers classic, skate, telemark and snowshoe rentals. If you want to learn skiing you can visit the Alf Engen Ski School where an experienced team will introduce you to the sport of skiing. Besides kids classes it also offers classes for adults. A special offer are the telemark workshops which are perfect if you want to try something new. Furthermore, there is the Junior Explorers Program. Children from 5 to 7 can participate in this progam that stretches across 7 weeks. On 7 Saturdays or Sundays your child will become a skilled skier. If you´re an adventurous type you can try the guided off trail skiing tour in the Grizzly Gulch Bowl. During your ride you will drop 2740 metres. Snowboarders are also welcome to join in.
- Offering 2199 acres of slopes and terrain, Alta is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Utah.
- Alta is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Utah.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Utah.
- Elevated between 8530 ft and 10551 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Utah. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2021 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- During the season the average snow depth at Alta is 100 ". Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average base depth of 118 ".
- Alta features 95 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 73 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Utah.