- Elevated between 1,120 m and 3,330 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2,210 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 881 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on 12 Nov and ends on 22 Apr (161 days). Average season duration in France is 120 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (12 Nov to 22 Apr) is 185 cm at summit elevation and 80 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 297 cm at summit elevation and 152 cm at the base. Therefore Alpe d Huez is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- Alpe d Huez features 103 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 100 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 23 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Rhône-Alpes.
- Offering 278 km of slopes and terrain, Alpe d Huez is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in France.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 963
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
La Sarenne (Pic Blanc - Auris En Oisans)
Length: 16 km
Vertical Drop: 1,730 m
Pic Blanc - Enversin d'Oz
Length: 17 km
Vertical Drop: 2,205 m
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 3 km
Vertical Drop: 800 m
Lighted runs: 1 km
Infrastructure & Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Alpe d Huez (21)