- Offering 173 miles of slopes and terrain, Alpe d'Huez is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Alpe d'Huez is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- Elevated between 3724 ft and 10925 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 7201 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 23 and ends on Apr 25 (154 days). Average season duration in France is 112 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 23 to Apr 25) is 80 " at summit elevation and 47 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 113 " at summit elevation and 69 " at the base. Therefore Alpe d'Huez is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- Alpe d'Huez features 68 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 65 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 963
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1.9 miles
Vertical Drop: 2624.7 ft
Length: 9.9 miles
Vertical Drop: 7234.3 ft
Lighted runs: 0.62 miles
Number toboggan runs: 2
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 24
Dining and Restaurants