- Elevated between 3724 ft and 10925 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 7201 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2848 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Alpe d'Huez is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- Season starts on Dec 1 and ends on Apr 22 (142 days). Average season duration in France is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 1 to Apr 22) is 83 " at summit elevation and 49 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 113 " at summit elevation and 69 " at the base. Therefore Alpe d'Huez is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- Alpe d'Huez features 80 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 80 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days.
- Offering 173 miles of slopes and terrain, Alpe d'Huez is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in France.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 963
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1.9 miles
Vertical Drop: 2624.7 ft
Length: 9.9 miles
Vertical Drop: 7234.3 ft
Lighted runs: 0.62 miles
Number toboggan runs: 2
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 24
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental