- Elevated between 1,135 m and 3,330 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2,195 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 867 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Alpe d'Huez is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (142 days). Average season duration in France is 121 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (1 Dec to 22 Apr) is 252 cm at summit elevation and 135 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 354 cm at summit elevation and 195 cm at the base. Therefore Alpe d'Huez is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- Alpe d'Huez features 63 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 61 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.
- Offering 278 km of slopes and terrain, Alpe d'Huez is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in France.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 963
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 3 km
Vertical Drop: 800 m
Length: 16 km
Vertical Drop: 2,205 m
Lighted runs: 1 km
Number toboggan runs: 2
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 24
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental