Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
Current protective measures and security advice at Alpe d'Huez:
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
>> Read more about the Covid-19 guidelines on
- Offering 155 miles of slopes and terrain, Alpe d'Huez is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in France.
- Alpe d'Huez is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in France.
- Elevated between 3724 ft and 10925 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 7201 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2644 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 114 " at summit elevation and 69 " at the base. Therefore Alpe d'Huez is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 963
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1.9 miles
Vertical Drop: 2624.7 ft
Length: 9.9 miles
Vertical Drop: 7234.3 ft
Lighted runs: 0.62 miles
Number toboggan runs: 2
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 24
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Alpe d'Huez
Cross Country Ski Rental