Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Only related parties in chairlifts or seating on opposite sides of the lift
- Face covering required while loading and riding on chairlifts
- Face covering required inside all buildings and during all ski and snowboard lessons
- Pass holder reservations are required to manage on-mountain access
- All transactions across the resort will be cashless
The Ski Resort
Surrounded by the Afton State Park Afton Alps Ski Resort is located in the valley of the St Croix Valley. However, it is also quite close to the St. Paul´s area where you can enjoy bars, clubs and restaurants.
With over 2101 ha of slopes and 48 trails it offers enough space to keep you busy all day without getting bored. Snowboarders can also choose between 4 terrain parks of which one offers a half pipe to do some tricks.
If you´re tired from skiing after a few days why not spending a day snow tubing for some fun and adventure? Just grab your friends and family and cruise the six tubing chutes in the Meadows Area tubing Center. If you want to spend a very special birthday that your friends won´t forget you can book a birthday party at the center.
Another special offer of Afton Alps Ski Resort are special lessons for women by women. Learn skiing and snowboarding in your own time or take a special racing class. Afton Alps offers a variety of classes in all levels of difficulty.
- Offering 252 acres of slopes and terrain, Afton Alps Ski Area is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Minnesota.
- Afton Alps Ski Area is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Minnesota.
- Average snow depth during the season is 41 " at summit elevation and 24 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 44 " at summit elevation and 26 " at the base. Therefore Afton Alps Ski Area is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Minnesota.
- Afton Alps Ski Area features 86 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 61 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.