- Offering 250 acres of slopes and terrain, Afton Alps Ski Area is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Minnesota.
- Afton Alps Ski Area is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Minnesota.
- Season starts on Nov 20 and ends on Apr 1 (132 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 20 to Apr 1) is 64 " at summit elevation and 24 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 70 " at summit elevation and 30 " at the base. Therefore Afton Alps Ski Area is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Minnesota.
- Afton Alps Ski Area features 64 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 57 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Surrounded by the Afton State Park Afton Alps Ski Resort is located in the valley of the St Croix Valley. However, it is also quite close to the St. Paul´s area where you can enjoy bars, clubs and restaurants.
With over 2101 ha of slopes and 48 trails it offers enough space to keep you busy all day without getting bored. Snowboarders can also choose between 4 terrain parks of which one offers a half pipe to do some tricks.
If you´re tired from skiing after a few days why not spending a day snow tubing for some fun and adventure? Just grab your friends and family and cruise the six tubing chutes in the Meadows Area tubing Center. If you want to spend a very special birthday that your friends won´t forget you can book a birthday party at the center.
Another special offer of Afton Alps Ski Resort are special lessons for women by women. Learn skiing and snowboarding in your own time or take a special racing class. Afton Alps offers a variety of classes in all levels of difficulty.