The avalanche safe and snow -sure ski resort round the Karkogel offers diverse terrain for all ability levels. And the modern lift-facilities such as the sextuple chair or the eight-passenger gondola really tops it off! And all those who can’t get enough of the thrill gliding down slopes can toboggan until late at night on the floodlit 3 km toboggan trail.Cross-country-ski fans have several km of groomed cross-country trails at their disposal as well as a flood-lit trail for night fans.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 488 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 727 m.
- The day pass at Abtenau im Lammertal is €32.50 making it one of the 10 cheapest ski resorts in Salzburg.
- Season starts on 23 Dec and ends on 26 Mar (93 days). Average season duration in Austria is 121 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (23 Dec to 26 Mar) is 42 cm at summit elevation and 20 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 49 cm at summit elevation and 29 cm at the base.
- Abtenau im Lammertal features 35 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 36 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 9 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Salzburg.