- Offering 49.71 miles cross-country trails, Sun Valley Nordic Center is among the 5 largest Cross-Country Skiing Areas in the USA.
- The high point of the cross-Country skiing area is located at an elevation of 6017 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 88 " at summit elevation and 62 " at the base.
The Cross-Country Area
At Sun Valley Nordic & Snowshoe Center you can find more than 40 kilometres or nearly 25 miles of cross-country ski trails suitable for skating as well as classic nordic skiing. The tracks are groomed everyday, scoring with top quality. Furthermore, the nordic centre at Sun Valley features numerous training programmes and clinics, the necessary equipment rentals, and a club house for cross-country skiers of all skill levels.
The Most Beautiful Tracks
- Putt Putt Loop: 0.8km/0.5mi
- Practice Loop: 1.6km/1mi
- Hemingway Trail: 1.5km/0.9mi
- Leif's Loop: 3km/1.9mi
- Fox Run (classic only): 3km/1.9mi
- Trail Creek Loop: 5km/3.1mi
- White Clouds Loop: 1.5km/0.9mi
- Dog Loop: 3.3km/2.1mi
- Boundary Loop: 6km/3.7mi
- Nemesis: 1km/0.6mi
- Proctor Loop: 4km/2.4mi
- Lower Diamondback: 1km/0.6mi
- Diamondback: 5km/3.1mi
- Hyndman View: 0.8km/0.5mi
- Sidewinder: 2km/1.2mi
Dining along the Tracks
Several of the trails lead past Trail Creek Cabin, where you can enjoy delicious meals in a rustic Western atmosphere. The menu is packed with regional and seasonal treats. Sun Valley Club serves as the Nordic & Snowshoe Center's club house. On its terrace, you enjoy a beautiful view of Bald Mountain and Dollar Mountain, moreover, you are served yummy foods and drinks.
To get to Sun Valley, you should get a flight to Hailey's Freidman Memorial Airport. From there, it is only 22km/13.7mi to the ski resort. You can rent a car or use a shuttle service.
The Nordic & Snowshoe Center is located at Sun Valley Club.