- Elevated between 4810 ft and 6706 ft, the Cross-Country Skiing Area is among the 10 highest elevated Cross-Country Skiing Areas in France.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Apr 22) is 46 " at summit elevation and 27 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 55 " at summit elevation and 37 " at the base. Therefore Puy St Vincent is among the 10 cross-Country Skiing Areas with best snow conditions in France.
- Puy St Vincent features 21 sunny days on average per season. The average for all cross-Country Skiing Areas in France is 18 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days. This makes the cross-Country skiing area one of the 10 sunniest in France.
The Cross-Country Area
The ultimate outdoor nature activity, Nordic skiing is synonymous with well-being and fitness. This activity is one of the best ways to discover the well-exposed Vallouise site and the surrounding area: 35 km of trails, suitable for all levels, classic- and, skating-style cross-country skiing, biathlon (a fun sport open to all, which combines cross-country skiing and laser or pellet rifle shooting). The trails alongside the river mean you will be able to reach the villages of La Vallouise (Vallouise-Pelvoux and Les Vigneaux) by following the cross-country skiing routes.
3 sites, 3 atmospheres
Puy Saint Vincent, Vallouise-Pelvoux-Les Vigneaux, Freissinières
- 80 km of marked, groomed trails
- 8 activities: cross-country skiing, biathlon, snowshoeing, dog sleighing, trail running, hike and sledge, fat biking
- 3 key events: Festi’Nordic, L’Heure de Pelvoux, Nordic Café
- Free for under 10s, €6/day for 10 to 16 year-olds,
- €9/3-hour adult session,
- 7-day family package
- (2 adults + 2 children under 16) €113