The Cross-Country Area
Cross-country skiers and biathletes can expect a true training paradise in Ramsau am Dachstein. In addition to the performance centre in the valley, it is the snow-assured high-altitude trails on the glacier that attract hundreds of athletes from more than 20 nations and numerous hobby cross-country skiers to the Dachstein every day, especially in autumn and winter.
The tracks at an altitude of 2700 metres are surrounded by an impressive mountain backdrop and partly open until July due to the altitude. 18 km of cross-country skiing trails are offered, both in classic style and skating technique. Winter sports enthusiasts come up to the cross-country ski trails with the impressive panoramic gondola.
- Offering 11.18 miles cross-country trails, Dachstein Glacier is among the 10 largest Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Styria.
- Dachstein Glacier is among the 3 best rated Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Austria.
- Located at 8619 ft above sea level, the Cross-Country Skiing Area is among the 5 highest elevated Cross-Country Skiing Areas in Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season is 87 " at summit elevation and 2 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 149 " at summit elevation and 0 " at the base. Therefore Dachstein Glacier is among the 5 cross-Country Skiing Areas with best snow conditions in Austria.
- Dachstein Glacier features 104 sunny days on average per season. The average for all cross-Country Skiing Areas in Austria is 95 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days. This makes the cross-Country skiing area one of the 10 sunniest in Styria.