The Cross-Country Area
The cross-country skiing area in the Zwieslerwaldhaus ski touring centre comprises 33 kilometres of groomed cross-country trails suitable for beginners and advanced skiers. The four classic cross-country trails have 30 kilometres and vary in difficulty from easy to medium/difficult.
In addition to these there is also a skating track of about 3 km for advanced cross-country skiers and a practice track for beginners on the meadow at Böhmweg. There is also a connection on the "green" track to the border crossing to the neighbouring Czech municipality of Zelezna Ruda, where there are another 70 kilometres of tracks available. There is also a feeder cross-country trail that leads over 2.5 kilometres from the "Deffernik" car park to the start and finish areas.
The Most Beautiful Tracks
- Meadow at the Böhmweg: 1 km - easy - skating/classic
- Skating track: 3 km - difficult - skating
- Cross-country trail "yellow": 3 km - easy - classic
- Track "red": 5 km - medium/difficult - classic
- Cross-country ski run "blue": 9 km - medium - classic
- Cross-country ski run "green": 13 km - medium - classic
- Connecting track border crossing Ferdinandsthal: 2,5 km - medium - classic
- Access cross-country trail "Deffernik" car park: 2.5 km - easy - classic
- The cross-Country skiing area takes you to an elevation of 2789 ft.
From Nuremberg you reach Zwieslerwaldshaus via the A3 to the B11 in Deggendorf. From there follow the B11/E53 to Waldhausstraße in Lindberg, which takes you directly to the village.
From Munich take the A92 to the B11 in Deggendorf and then follow the same directions as above.