The Cross-Country Area
One of the largest cross-country skiing areas not far from Regensburg is located in Brennberg. The highest municipality in the district has 4 cross-country ski runs with around 20 kilometres of tracks to offer. There is something for beginners as well as for advanced and professionals.
Further cross-country trails are located in the neighbouring communities of Rettenbach and Falkenstein.
The Most Beautiful Tracks
- Small round (no. 9): 2km - easy - start at the school in Brennberg
- Schmidlehen (No. 10): 5km - easy - entrance at the school in Brennberg
- Bruckbach (No. 11): 10km - difficult - start at the school in Brennberg
- Frauenzell (No. 12): 2,5km - medium - entrance at the school in Brennberg or at the ski lift Frauenzell.
- The high point of the cross-Country skiing area is located at an elevation of 2165 ft.
There are two ways to access the cross-country ski runs: at the Brennberg school in Johannisstraße and at the Frauenzell ski lift (Frauenzell cross-country ski run only). Parking spaces are available on site.