High up on a beautiful plateau, well away from the noise of traffic, lies Westendorf. Westendorf is everything a typical Tyrolean mountain village should be. An attractive village centre with a decorative church, an idyllic landscape together with the natural jewel of the Windau valley, and endless possibilities to relax and enjoy sporting activity. The pleasant village also has many shops, cafés and restaurants.
With 280 km of slopes, the ski area SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser-Brixental will set any winter athlete´s heart racing. The slopes are suitable for athletes of all abillity levels and promise a challenge for everyone. With 90 lifts and gondolas the area is more than well equipped and should please the demands of anyone. With its many offerings and activities, from snowparks, skischools, kindergarden, and lots of other wintersport activities the ski area will provide a perfect basis for an active and relaxing winter holiday. Also, you may take advantage of the special offers around the area, such as skiing at night on one of the lighted trails or staying at a luxurious Igloo hotel!
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,337 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 742 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 8 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (115 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (8 Dec to 2 Apr) is 52 cm at summit elevation and 38 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 64 cm at summit elevation and 53 cm at the base.
- Westendorf SkiWelt features 52 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 51 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
- Offering 284 km of slopes and terrain, Westendorf SkiWelt is among the 15 largest ski resorts in Austria.