The Ski Resort
Red Lodge Mountain Resort is a great ski resort in the south of Montana. If you´re looking for a real mountain experience but without long lift lines and overpriced lift tickets this is the right spot for you. Simply experience big mountains, snow and nature! This resort gives everyone a great choice: The skiable terrain totals 633 hectares offering a large amount of trails for everyone from beginner to expert! Two Terrain Parks are ready to be conquered by freestylers and wannabes. One of them has features for beginner whereas the other has more challenging elements for intermediate to advanced skiers and riders. The Snowsports School offers a great variety of different programs for both children and adults. The Learn to Board or Ski in 3 Program is especially recommendable. Learn how to ski or ride in 3 days. This will give you enough time to feel comfortable on your skis or board and all your questions can be answered. However, there are a lot more programs available tailored for different needs including adaptive lessons.
Getting hungry? You will find 2 full service restaurants and 2 cafeterias at Red Lodge Resort. Quench your thirst and get a hot meal to regain some strength and the fun can go on! Can´t find it? Red Lodge Resort has a long tradition of mountain hosts who will help you with anything you need from carrying your skis to your car to guiding you around the area.
- Offering 1633 acres of slopes and terrain, Red Lodge Mountain is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Montana.
- Red Lodge Mountain is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Montana.
- Elevated between 7014 ft and 9416 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Montana. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2402 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 23 and ends on Apr 14 (142 days). Average season duration in the USA is 116 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 23 to Apr 14) is 29 " at summit elevation and 21 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 50 " at summit elevation and 28 " at the base. Therefore Red Lodge Mountain is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Montana.