Powdery snow and tea with rum...... and no queues at the lifts……an absolutely normal winter day in Baiersbronn. You are at the top of the Ruhestein and enjoying the clear blue sky, blinking up into the sun, down into the Rhine Valley and then setting off on slopes covered in virgin snow down into the valley – what more could you want? Variety in winter sports is also central in Baiersbronn: you will find chair-lifts, ski-lifts, floodlit slopes, toboggan runs, ski jumps and a skating rink. You can try your hand at curling, on snowshoes or ice skates – and your youngsters are, of course, also in the best of hands. Skiing, carving, snowboarding are one thing, but cross-country skiing is another whose runs around Baiersbronn rank amongst the best a cross-country skiing enthusiast could hope for. Here, you will experience landscapes covered in deep snow that come straight out of a picture book. You can enjoy views across the Black Forest and find traditional log-huts and inns that invite you to step inside. Reinvigorated, you can then venture back out into the snow. At the end of the day, enjoy a well-earned and relaxing evening in the sauna, the perfect ending to a perfect day.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1640 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 712 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 3445 ft.
- Baiersbronn is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Baden-Württemberg.
- Season starts on Jan 12 and ends on Mar 10 (57 days). Average season duration in Germany is 85 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 20 " at summit elevation and 2 " at the base.
- Baiersbronn features 226 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 216 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 29 sunny days.
- Offering 2 miles of slopes and terrain, Baiersbronn is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Baden-Württemberg.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+49 (0)7442 841444
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 6
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental